캐나다한인여성회 직원채용 공고
한인 여성회등록일 : 2018.03.14조회 : 392댓글 : 0
KCWA Job Posting
Position Title: Family & Social Services Worker (*Amended Settlement Service Worker job posting)
Details: Part-time (28 hours/week), 1-year contract position with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
StartDate: April 2, 2018
KCWA Family and Social Services (“KCWA”) is a non-profit organization established in 1985 by a group of women who were concerned about challenges facing Korean newcomerwomen and familyin Toronto.
Since then, KCWA has served,inspired and advocated for thousands of Korean newcomers in the GreaterToronto Area.
As the only Korean newcomer-serving nonprofit organization in Ontario, our mission is “Building the Korean-Canadian community, one person at a time”.
We provide year-round services and programs to Korean newcomers from all walks of life to meet their unique needs.
Our culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate services are designedto empower Korean newcomers and support them in reaching their full potential. Our ultimate goalis to enhance the wellbeing of Korean newcomers and help them fullyintegrate into Canadian society.
For moreinformation, please visit www.kcwa.net
Family & Social Services Worker will facilitate support groups, educational workshops and community events that are designed to improve social well-being of newcomer families.
Through comprehensive needs assessment and systematic outreach to newcomers, Family & Social Services Worker assists newcomer families and individualsin their adaptation to Canadian society.
Family & Social Services Worker provides timely and solution-focused services to newcomer families and individuals from all walks of life, by liking them with communities, organizations and other community resources, educating them about their rights and responsibilities, and equipping them with necessary skills, knowledge and networks.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Direct Service& Case Management:
- Assess client needs including strengths and barriers and develop an individualized serviceplan which outlines a strategy to accomplish goals based on identified needs, available services and community resources
Provide one-to-one counseling to individuals and families, focusing on enhancing socia lwell-being
- Develop and facilitate workshops, information sessions, support groups and community events to raise awareness and education around enhanced communication, impactof immigration/migration on individuals and/or family as a whole,how to mitigate risks (e.g.family violence/abuse)
- Plan and implement solution-focused and goal-oriented service coordination with a focus on assisting newcomer individuals and/or families whomay have encountered challenges and barriers in Canadian society
- Arrange meetings and/or make referralsfor clients with appropriate government offices, schools, hospitals and/orother organizations or service providers
Provide information and referrals regarding community services in the areas of but not limited to: advocacy, information of the client’s rights, follow-up support, employment, finances, social benefits, health,education, etc.
- Provide necessary translation/interpretation support for clients, and accompany them toappointments as necessary
- Conduct outreach activities and community group sessions/workshops to raise awareness of systemic challenges affecting newcomers
- Work closely with KCWA’s internal and external stakeholders to provide timely services and programs
ProgramDevelopment & Implementation:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage cases, accomplish annual goals and targets,and assist in developing and implementing innovative service, program and outreachplans
- Promote agency’s mission and vision, services and programs by effectively utilizing internal and external networks
Evaluation,Administrative Duties & Other:
- Report to the supervisor on matters of practice, servicedelivery, and program outcomes
- Maintain accurate database entries and prepare computerized statistical summaries and other reports as required
- Participate in staff and Settlement Team meetings, training, and professional development sessions
- Adhere to policieson confidentiality and human rightsand all other policies, routines, and procedures established by the KCWA Familyand Social Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in the human services field (socialwork, community work,education, etc.). Preferably social work/social services degree graduate or equivalent minimum 1-year work experience in the non profit sector
- Knowledge and understanding of challenges facing newcomer immigrants and refugees, settlement sector, and related community resources
- Experience working with immigrants and refugees who have faced barriers and/or challenges in Canada (e.g. employment, status, education, violence/abuse, finance, housing)
- Experience managing complex cases involving high volumeof data, documents, and reports
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines to cope with competing demandsand deadlines
- Excellent conflict management, crisis intervention and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, community outreach and group facilitation skills required
- Experience managing or working throughchange in a dynamic work environment/conditions
- Experience working from an outcome-based perspective and a thorough understanding of evaluation and data collection
- Works effectively with others in the organization and external to the organization to accomplish organizational and community goals
- Strong administrative, organizational and time-management skills, professional communication skills and the abilityto multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Korean and English
- Hours of work: Works regular hours from 9am-4:30pm/9:30am-5:00pm with some requirements to occasionally work extended hours
- Location: This position works out of the Head Office at 27 Madison Avenue and may work from other locations based on funder’s or program’s changing requirements. Occasional travel within the GTA required.
How to apply:
Please submit your coverletter, resume, and three references within one document in MS Word or PDF format by mail or email to:
KCWA Family& Social Services Hiring Committee
27 MadisonAve. Toronto, ON M5R 2S2 Email: email@example.com
KCWA Family & SocialServices is committed to employment equityinitiatives.
We encourage residents of ethno-racial, immigrant, women, refugee, LGBTQQA community groups and individuals with physical challenges to apply and self-identify.
If accommodation is required duringthe hiring process,
please advise at the time of application or contact the Hiring Committee personnel.
While we thankall candidates fortheir interest, onlythose selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE